TIPS FOR FLOWING ON YOUR COMPUTER
BEFORE YOU START FLOWING ELECTRONICALLY
1. Make sure you have windows 2000, XP, or newer for stability
2. You should be a good typer and make sure you practice before using in an actual round
SETUP YOUR FLOWSHEETS
Note this web page includes flow sheets you can use with Microsoft Excel. These are all setup for you.
If you wish to make your own flowsheets, consider the following:
1. Set up excel file (put one on the web page for people to use); bigger columns; wrap text; leave space at the tops for overviews; create multiple sheets
2. Leave rows empty at the top of the flow so that you can flow overviews
3. Turn off autocomplete in excel for your flowing (tools, options, edit, and make sure that "enable autocomplete for cell values" is turned off; these instructions are for excel 2000).
USING THE FLOWSHEETS THAT YOU DOWNLOAD FROM THESE WEB PAGES
1. As debate gets going, change the spreadsheet names to the actual positions (da, fast track, cp, t, plan flaw, etc.)
2. Drag and drop the sheets
3. Write comments, questions, answers to questions, keep track of prep time on the comments spreadsheet.
4. Get a pad for your wrists; flowing can hurt!